History

JustinUMC has a wonderful history. Deeply rooted in the fading light of the 19th Century, it sprang into life early in the 20th Century as an ongoing vehicle for spreading Christ’s message to a remote village in North Texas.

Organized in 1890 as a unit of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, for several years the Church had a circuit preacher who served one or two other churches nearby. Services were held in the school building until a tornado ripped through the area in 1896 leaving in its wake no building and no church records.

Following this event, the congregation moved to the Presbyterian Church where services were held until 1906 when a Methodist church was built. This was our church home until 1952 when the present sanctuary was built.

In 1943 the members of the Drop Methodist Church were affiliated with the Justin Church. The Drop Church building was sold under sealed bid for $527 which was deposited in the Justin State Bank for use in building an educational building.

A Civilian Conservation Corps building, donated by the Federal Government, served to house the educational program until 1974 when the present Fellowship Hall was built. In 1961, a new parsonage was built across from the Church.

Written by Grace Parr, longtime JustinUMC member

Since this hopeful beginning, JustinUMC has continued to acquire property to accommodate both continuing and anticipated expansion. These acquisitions, generously funded by church members and other benefactors, include property adjacent to the current campus and also other locations.

Directly to the west of the church is the home of JustinUMC's youth, now known as thePoint. It was purchased and then expanded just a few years later to accommodate the ever-growing number of youth in attendance. The church also has acquired additional adjacent land to the primary campus.  This land is used by various community organization including our local Cub Scout Pack, Boy Scout Troop and the Girl Scouts.

Off-campus purchases have included a number of acres on Boss Range Road (just south of FM 407 and Justin Elementary) to be used for outside church activities such as worship and as a building site for a future campus.

At JustinUMC, we endeavor to be good stewards of all that we've been given. We strive to make valuable use of our resources in accordance with our mission, "to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world."